Monday, August 2, 2010

Hayden View Triathlon

JoAnn and I right before the swim.

Me finishing the bike.

Me starting the run.
Ben Tran, Charlie, myself, and Melanie Patterson
My kids and I right after I crossed the finish line
So this year I did my second sprint triathlon which is a 1/2 mi. swim, 10.2 mi. bike, and a 4 mi. run. I did it all in 1hr and 25min. The morning was starting out to be really cloudy and a bit chilly. The water was really choppy but wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. My chain fell off on the bike and got tangled up pretty bad and thank goodness some guy stopped his race to help me because I really didn't know how to fix it. I wish I knew his name so I could thank him because I thought that I was done for the race. For the run I had a 7 and 1/2 min pace for it. I am really proud and excited about finishing and my time. Sorry for the bragging but I am just really proud of myself and feel very accomplished and on a little bit of a high still from the race. I wouldn't have done it this year if my sister JoAnn hadn't asked me to, and since it was her first I couldn't let her do it by herself. I am really glad that we did this together.
Here is the time of everyone else: JoAnn Isaksen was 1hr44min. , Melanie Patterson was 1hr16min., and Ben Tran was 1hr15min. We all had fun and cheered each other on.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats again! I know I already told you this morning but it's exciting! I hope you find some more races for the rest of the year where you can run outside!

Holly said...

YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO I am so proud of you!! GREAT JOB!! You are amazing to me!

Backwoods Browns said...

Way to go!! That is so nice of that guy to stop and help!

dfrank said...

Good job, honey. I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats!

Is that Blue Seventy tasha's?

Just curious if it's making the rounds and paying forward.

Aloha and well done!!!

Hope to see you at volleyball!!!

MOKANA