Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Fun and the 4th of July

Baylee and Bryson playing in the kiddy pool eating popsicles. The water was so cold but the loved it.

The kids have been having fun playing in the pool. I bought a little kiddy pool for them. Recently we have been going to grandma Wallace's home and swimming in her pool which is a bigger one then ours. Baylee loves getting in the water, and Bryson likes when we hold him in the big pool but does not like to be splashed. We went to the parade here in Coeur d' Alene, and it's been a while since I have gone to a parade, but when I was a kid every few floats there was people throwing out candy. This was more adult like. It had people running for office and people that were for one or the other political party, and so on. I thought that the parade was kinda boring and if I was a kid I don't think that I would have enjoyed it very much. They did have some people riding little bikes and dressed funny, some big horses and the cheer leading teams. We then went swimming at my moms and came home so the kids could take a nap. We then went to my brothers where he had a really awesome fireworks show for everyone. The kids loved it. Baylee played with pop its and a few sparklers. It was a really good 4th of July.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering what you guys did for the 4th! Sounds nice and relaxed for the most part as any parade can I guess with little ones :) Bummer about the candy...Kellogg parade actually had a lot of candy I thought for how long the parade was...I love the kiddie pools even if my kids throw dirt in it, I am glad it is entertaining!

Liz and Grant said...

I loved the parade when I was a kid, but when I was about 12 I remember starting to think it was pretty lame. I guess I'm just not a parade person. Grant and I both are not really looking forward to that part of having kids, because you know they love it so you have to suck it up and go:(

wallysworld21 said...

We didn't go the the parade because we just don't have the patients for the crowds. We like to just hang out in the neighborhood and watch the fireworks from our yard. My boys can't sit still to make going to a parade worth the trip. It looks like you had a fun 4th though. We miss you.